Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Unsuccessful Health Care Proposals: Altman Part 1

   I have to say that this book was not what I expected when I began to read it. It has much, much more political background and political ideas throughout part one.
   To start off chapter one, Altman and Shactman talk about the secret church meeting. This secret meeting included Altman, who was the deputy assistant excretory for planning and evaluation--health, and some of his colleagues. The meeting also included Stan Jones, Bill Fullerton, and a few others. The reason why I listed the people that attended the meeting is because they all represented prominent politicians and this "secret meeting" shows the backstage part of politics.
   The whole purpose of part one, and I'm guessing the rest of the book is the health care system, and in particular what kind of health care bills have been constructed. Throughout part one, the book discusses Nixon's plan, Kennedy's plan, and Clinton's plan. Part one also spends a lot of time talking about different IGO's and organization that go into the healthcare system, and also committees that are governmental that are needed to get healthcare systems passed or even glanced at.
   Since I am a political science major I would have to say that this book is my favorite by far, and there are many things that I could go into that I read in part one but i touched on a few that were interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment